Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Correct me if i am wrong (star wars robot tutorial )

ChamferZone tutorials exclusive: In case your stuck, have questions or feedback.
Damiano

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:45 am

i spotted few things so far ( i didnt finished tutorial yet so i might be wrong), which need to be fixed here are screens what i mean Image that was caused by making those selections and clonning with rotation however to fix it it only require few polygons to change smoothing group to match other end.
second thing was those damm corners :D couldnt find better solution than this ( collapsing chamfer and deleting few edges) which bringed poly count little bit higher with slightly better result
1. solution i mentioned and 2 exact as in tutorial
2.JPG
2.JPG (141.87 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (77.49 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Well I'm not gonna correct anyone here, but something I personally do is indeed adjusting the result which the chamfer modifier created to improve the topology in order to let the Turbosmooth do a better job.
The only difference is that instead of collapsing the chamfer modifier down to your editable poly, I prefer to simply add an Edit poly modifier on top where I adjust my mesh :)

This is less destructive, as it's quite a pain to manually remove/adjust all those chamfer support loops in case you ever want to change some shapes, or the general chamfer amount :enlightened:
Rigger5555

Thu May 09, 2019 1:45 am

Sir, after applying edit poly on top of chamfer, is it possible to get back to the editable poly without affecting the topology, because it is giving me a warning message every time I try to get back to the editable poly, I think, as I perform topology manipulation in edit poly to fix the bad results of chamfer, it differs from the topology of editable poly, that's why it's causing issue, is there any way to solve this