Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

1847 Colt .44 Percussion Pistol

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
JEmerson

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:37 am

A little more high poly work today. Got the magazine getting closer to completion. Got the percussion nipples in the right spots. Got the inset areas for normal mapping on the magazine in place (including the safety notches on the rear). Siks pointed out some stuff already, but I am all ears. I apologize for not fixing the HDRI material siks, btw. I know you don't like it. I need to find a good clay render set-up.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Sweet progress again man! :3Dlove: That magazine looks real tasty :realization: :thumbsup_dude:
At this moment I can't really come up with something in terms of feedback, keep up the good work ! :)
JEmerson

Thu May 24, 2018 4:08 am

So I am working on a third-person shooter detail version at the moment (not my full blown every piece modeled, unwrapped, and baked version). This is the result of a test bake on that lot poly. Still some optimizations and fixes to the unwrap/smoothing groups/bake settings I could do. Because you would never see the weapon even this up-close, I am feeling pretty good about it so far. But still, errors are errors.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:24 am

Finally having time to catch up checking out cool stuff here, so my apologies for the delay :icon_redface:

It's something I've been thinking of to include in one of my projects as well; Making things actual gameready including LOD & First Person / 3rd Person different models :realization: :thumbsup:
Even though there are things you still have to do as you name it yourself, I think you are absolutely well on your way ! :thumbsup_dude:
JEmerson

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:43 am

Just sharing an update. Already shown on the discord channel.