Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

The ChamferZone Forum has landed!

All ChamferZone releases in one place.
Tim
Site Admin

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Hey everyone and welcome :)

You wouldn't be here if you didn't already know it: ChamferZone now has a forum!

Communication is a crucial part to learn and so far most of that is happening on the ChamferZone youtube and facebook channel.
Often those conversations are super interesting and I learned a ton just by talking to a lot of you.
This forum is not supposed to get rid of the discussion on these places but my hope is to get a board going in which we can all learn together and have a small but evolving community!
For example if you see something in the tutorial that you think could have done with a better technique, please post it here.
Let's share interesting reads about workflow, scripts and techniques, things you work on and let's all benefit from it.

A forum makes for a much better place to collect all that and is also easier to search.
It's a phpbb based forum and some parts are still being worked on. Hopefully it will evolve!

Let me know if you have any good ideas how to make that forum better as we go from here. (can even be small stuff like ... adding a new emoji or something :D )

Cheers, Tim
The_Time_Burner

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:56 am

Greetings!

One thing I would like to suggest. Currently there's a limit to file size you can attach and it is likely low for uploading multiple images. It's inconvenient to upload them on sites like imgur or tinypic and wont be available for future views when taken down. If it's possible to increase the attachment file size,that would be great.

Zeal & Fury!
Tim
Site Admin

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:36 pm

The_Time_Burner wrote:Greetings!

One thing I would like to suggest. Currently there's a limit to file size you can attach and it is likely low for uploading multiple images. It's inconvenient to upload them on sites like imgur or tinypic and wont be available for future views when taken down. If it's possible to increase the attachment file size,that would be great.

Zeal & Fury!
Hey mate,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do to bump up the limit for the attached files however Imgur won't expire the images:
Quora wrote:As of February 2015, Imgur now states that images are never deleted unless requested.
https://www.quora.com/Imgur-How-long-ar ... ing-purged

There's a reason they became the biggest image hoster in the world and make almost like 80% of all images shared on reddit.
Personally I use imgur since ages now and all my images are still accessible even the ones uploaded years ago.

I also use it in combination with ShareX, it lets you take screenshots of regions or your entire screen and will upload it to imgur right away.
After that all you have to do is paste the link in here and you are ready to go.
https://getsharex.com/
The_Time_Burner

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Ah! I did not know that. I thought they take down images. Thanks for the reply.
Maxime Dupart

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Hello ChamferZone !

I'm currently making a FPS game in Unreal Engine and i have to say that i love your products as i worked with them in the past in Unity. :icon_yes:

Favorite game right now, and best FPS game of the last couple of years, is really Rainbow Six Siege to me. It brought something really new to the table, i love it, even if i'm concerned with hit detection being too generous from time to time :icon_redface:

Regards,
Maxime
Tim
Site Admin

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 am

Hello Maxime, thanks for singing up and happy to hear you like the 3D assets!

What's your project about, still too early for any footage?
Always curious about the projects my stuff is in :)
Maxime Dupart

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:46 am

Tim wrote:Hello Maxime, thanks for singing up and happy to hear you like the 3D assets!

What's your project about, still too early for any footage?
Always curious about the projects my stuff is in :)
Probably a bit too early, i should be able to show a bit end of next week. It's a multiplayer FPS that borrow some idea to Rainbow Six Siege :icon_eek: . The overall setup is Cyberpunk.

I was wondering, i bought P90, MK18 and UMP in Unity, but afterall would like to buy the full package for Unreal Engine, any chance to arrange something? The price if i pay everything individually is way higher :x
Tim
Site Admin

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:02 am

Nice, whatever has Elements of Rainbow in it goes straight on my watchlist :thumbup:
I can definitely arrange something for you with the Complete pack. I'll send you a message.
Cold Star Studios

Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi, can i ask where the downloadable Files of the AKM Tutorial on steam is?
Tim
Site Admin

Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:26 am

Hey, yeah Steam hides the essential files under the Software section as a separate download, it's kinda inconvenient but that's just the way they handle it: