I found the change notes over here:
http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/the-3ds- ... 3dsmax2018
- Smart Asset Packaging allows users to create, share, and update portable assets that are flexible, connected, and react to changes in design data.
- Customizable Workspaces offer a more responsive, modern, and personalized user experience.
- From 3ds Max 2017.1: Blended Box Map gives users the ability to morph visible seams by blending as many as six materials applied to an object. More on this here: http://autode.sk/2owoCo8
- MAXtoA 1.0 plug-in is integrated into 3ds Max 2018, giving artists access to Arnold's latest features.
- From 3ds Max 2017.1: The Data Channel Modifier allows users to derive information directly from their model and then use it to drive other types of modifications. This simplifies tasks such as smoothing objects based on curvature and making a vertex color mask based on an angle, as examples. More on this here: http://autode.sk/2nBN0p4
- Motion Paths allows you to visualize your animation as a bezier trajectory, giving you a new way to modify your animation.
- Max to LMV translation cloud service gives uses the ability to view their Max files with Forge Viewer in a web browser, making it easier to review and share assets.