Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

2019 - Happy new year guys!

All ChamferZone releases in one place.
Tim
Site Admin

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Happy new year!

Greetings everyone :) I hope everyone had a great start into the new year. Reporting back from the dead. From now on I will be back on this forum and answer questions with a priority on the Tutorial section.
Apologies for any unanswered messages and pms.. I'll work my way through them if they haven't already been answered. :icon_bow:

To give you an outlook on future tutorials, the good news is they will come!
I've been enrolled in the beta program by Autodesk and I can tell you already in advance that the new features in 3Ds Max 2020 is a game changer especially for those of you who are familiar with the struggles of "pinching" issues with the old chamfer modifier.

This will be a thing of the past once 3Ds Max 2020 releases and I am thrilled to finally produce tutorials without the hassle of having to work around these pinching issues. My plan is to make another weapon tutorial similar to the AKM (which is still the best seller) and it will include all the new good stuff that's been flowing into Substance Painter and 3DS Max since the last tut. I am still evaluating which weapon that will be but if the time allows it I plan to make two. One will be a pistol or revolver and the other one will probably be some sort of an AR15 assault rifle with a scope on it.

I will share more with you once I get started but for now I am waiting for the release of this 3dS Max version. Right now it wouldn't make sense to start recording it as it's only the beta version and they might still change a few things around but then again.. the new chamfer modifier features that they have in there now and top class and will make it both so much easier for me to produce tutorials and also for you to follow them along!

Also I've been using ZBrush for more then a year now so you can expect some juicy ZBrush tutorials along the way too but right now I am still not feeling THAT confident to already take on tutorials. If I do I'll start with some smaller and manageable ones. If I get lucky this will also happen this year still.

Best regards, Tim
Chuck Wilson

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Sounds great Tim! Nice to hear AutoDesk is giving Max some love. Makes me HAPPY :D
My SketchFab
My YouTube Channel
:icon_onfire:
Xeon 12 core W3680 @ 4Ghz Hybrid Watercooled
EVGA 1070 8GB Hybrid Watercooled
Raid 0 840 Pro's
G.SKILL Ripjaws 24GB Memory
Emmanuele

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:26 am

great Tim.... I looking forward :icon_yes:
hi-man

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:39 pm

I`m so happy to hear from you Tim!
After completing your tutorials it seems to me that I trust only you and will not be able to learn from someone else :) And what you describe in your plans sounds just great - this is exactly what we all lack. I still can’t decide to start exploring zbrush and I’m really looking forward to when I can do this with you!

Oh, and I think that you need to consider some kind of a sci-fi gun for a candidate for the tutorials :) And btw idea to include a scope to the gun is very cool. Always wanted to see how a professionals working on them.

I wish you and all of you guys the best and most productive year!
Inigomontoya

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:39 am

Hi everyone and Tim,

Not sure where to post this but this is about Tim's tutorials on the Steam platform. As per title and this link: https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/21/18234 ... closing-pc

Valve seem to "inadvertently" removed your "Ultimate Weapon Tutorial" and "Ultimate Grenade Tutorial" from the platform (I purchased both of these). The "Mech Tutorial" and "Kukri" are still there (I have both of these too) :) but I have no idea how long Valve gonna maintain these.

There are other videos I purchased that have gone missing too.

Is it possible for you to check on your end with Valve what's going on? I was in the middle of the AK tutorials and *boom* gone.

Thanks in advance
ultraplex

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:52 pm

mm yep mine gone ffs bloody steam