Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

The best things I created so far

Hall of fame: the place to show off any of your finished 3D Art and/or completed tutorial results.
AlphaTech

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:23 pm

AlphaTech

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:25 pm

AlphaTech

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:21 pm

AlphaTech

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Keeps getting better :D

AlphaTech

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Adjusted many details and the head :D

Ezegal

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Pretty rookie, you know... Why so lazy to complete the full tutorial? I really didn't, but I didn't at all, cause I have things to do, and I'm up to, but if I start, I'll try to go further, but not to do less; or do you have low hardware?
Tim
Site Admin

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:03 pm

AlphaTech wrote:

Love the design of this droid! Always good seeing someone do their own spin on it. Also great job on the renders, very colorful! :thumbsup:
The only thing that I would recommend is to put more effort into the wear and tear. Right now you have these dents all over the place but it would be better to have them applied to areas where they make more sense.
Edgewear is the word for it. So essentially what I would do is add an edgewear modifier to form up something around all the main elements and open borders and then you can add a paint layer on top of that to mask some of it back so that it doesn't look too uniform. That would make it more realistic looking and improve the "realism" factor on your work quite a bit.
Ezegal wrote:
Pretty rookie, you know... Why so lazy to complete the full tutorial? I really didn't, but I didn't at all, cause I have things to do, and I'm up to, but if I start, I'll try to go further, but not to do less; or do you have low hardware?
Hey Ezegal, I don't see anything lazy here. He does a good job and has fun at it. He also came up with his own designs that is a good thing in my books and no need to be disrespectful towards him.
Ezegal

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Tim wrote:
AlphaTech wrote:
Hey Ezegal, I don't see anything lazy here. He does a good job and has fun at it. He also came up with his own designs that is a good thing in my books and no need to be disrespectful towards him.
Salve, Tim! My words are not about disrespect or arrogance, they are about disappointment, you know. You provide so cool tutorials, which are full of tips about modeling different features, detailed instructions about painting, and making things look so closed to reality and all that is about love and passion for modeling and design. So, when I see all these things neglected and oversimplified, despite "personal design", I feel pretty sad. That is why I'm asking about "low PC" or lack of time, may be. So, with all due respect, I'm not a rough person, just a bit sad)

And as encouragement, I can say, that I love the colors, yes, they are cool.
AlphaTech

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Tim wrote:
AlphaTech wrote:

Love the design of this droid! Always good seeing someone do their own spin on it. Also great job on the renders, very colorful! :thumbsup:
The only thing that I would recommend is to put more effort into the wear and tear. Right now you have these dents all over the place but it would be better to have them applied to areas where they make more sense.
Edgewear is the word for it. So essentially what I would do is add an edgewear modifier to form up something around all the main elements and open borders and then you can add a paint layer on top of that to mask some of it back so that it doesn't look too uniform. That would make it more realistic looking and improve the "realism" factor on your work quite a bit.
Ezegal wrote:
Thank you! I will try to improve it, currently I am working on your ak tutorial first though :p

But got improved my coke bottle :D

Ezegal wrote:
I did not follow any tutorial, I was not even aware of a tutorial, saw people posting droids and got inspired. My hardware is pretty high end btw. I will try to improve my work though :)
AlphaTech

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:51 pm