Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

The best things I created so far

Hall of fame: the place to show off any of your finished 3D Art and/or completed tutorial results.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Looking forward to see how that car turns out! :D Being a car enthusiast that is definitely catching my attention!

And yes..I'd like some toast, and that design looks pretty neat! :realization: :icon_thumbsfallout:
Love the modern look to it, I can see it already standing there in my house with black furniture, well done! :thumbsup_dude:
AlphaTech

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Laggtastic wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:19 pm
Looking forward to see how that car turns out! :D Being a car enthusiast that is definitely catching my attention!

And yes..I'd like some toast, and that design looks pretty neat! :realization: :icon_thumbsfallout:
Love the modern look to it, I can see it already standing there in my house with black furniture, well done! :thumbsup_dude:

Happy to hear that, if i get my product design application for the uni through we might have one day a smart toaster :D

Yea the car will take longer I am still very newbish, I mean you can tell it was supposed to be a volvo v90 but it isn't yet. Starting over
again and again :icon_tableflipper:
AlphaTech

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:01 am

Blender :D

Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 am

Quite curious what happens to the copyright logo if you turn on that Blender.. :icon_eek: So uhm...are you starting a design production line for various products which will be on the market some day? :D I'd like to order the black one plz, so that it matches with the toaster and the rest of my furniture :ok:

Looking good, one question that I was wondering about: The white border (cylinder shape) on top of the base: It that a seperate part? Right now without panelling it feels like it is a wrap on the base surface, rather than a seperate object made out of a different material. The reason for asking is that the overall roughness of the blue & white areas are different, assuming they are seperate parts :)

Other than that, well done :thumbsup_dude:
AlphaTech

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Laggtastic wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 am
Quite curious what happens to the copyright logo if you turn on that Blender.. :icon_eek: So uhm...are you starting a design production line for various products which will be on the market some day? :D I'd like to order the black one plz, so that it matches with the toaster and the rest of my furniture :ok:

Looking good, one question that I was wondering about: The white border (cylinder shape) on top of the base: It that a seperate part? Right now without panelling it feels like it is a wrap on the base surface, rather than a seperate object made out of a different material. The reason for asking is that the overall roughness of the blue & white areas are different, assuming they are seperate parts :)

Other than that, well done :thumbsup_dude:

It was like : "fk copyright!!!!1!"
No just kidding :D

I am currently working on my portfolio for a product design application at university and
thought i shoud try to put some of works on shutterstock :D

About the seperation, yes you are right, I will correct that later.

Here is a new better render without the correction yet

► Show Spoiler
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:28 pm

The new render looks pretty cool (both that it looks cool, but also the cool colors) :realization:

One thing I had the illusion of is that the blender's base continous down out of the canvas (like it's an extended base) because the floor reflection has maximum glossiness.
Not sure if this is the desired result, if it's not you could try tweaking that floor roughness a bit in a subtle way to make the reflection less sharp, thus it's more clear to see that it's the floor rather than an extended base that goes off-canvas :)
AlphaTech

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Laggtastic wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:28 pm
The new render looks pretty cool (both that it looks cool, but also the cool colors) :realization:

One thing I had the illusion of is that the blender's base continous down out of the canvas (like it's an extended base) because the floor reflection has maximum glossiness.
Not sure if this is the desired result, if it's not you could try tweaking that floor roughness a bit in a subtle way to make the reflection less sharp, thus it's more clear to see that it's the floor rather than an extended base that goes off-canvas :)

Will tweak also that plus the seperation part for the next render! Thank you for the suggestions!

Here another render just finished a few minutes ago :D

AlphaTech

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:43 pm

@laggtastic

This one is for you :D
► Show Spoiler
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Aw yesss now go print it in 3D and send it over here :icon_partyparrot_e: :icon_clappedi:
No seriously, this feels a little better in some way, now that you added that extra geometry for the white ring and made the floor less mirrorlike :) But keep in mind these were just my personal opinions, at the end you are the artist who should decide which way you would like to present your model :thumbsup_dude:
AlphaTech

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:12 pm

For my application at uni, task was "soft / hard"

what do you think?

*more pictures will come"