Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Substance Painter not baking any normal Maps

ChamferZone tutorials exclusive: In case your stuck, have questions or feedback.
MatNutter

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Hey. I'm having the same issue, however, my naming and smoothing groups are the right ones. I just have no idea what the issue is. I'm not sure how to upload a file or image here. If someone could tell me how that be great.
MatNutter

Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:03 pm

I just spent three hours messing around with it in 3ds Max and Substance Painter. I can't seem to fix it. I even went through the video again and redid the smoothing groups on all of it and redid the UVs. I did the texttools smoothing from UVs. I also renamed all of it multiple times on both low and high poly models to see if I can get it to work that way.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 pm

MatNutter wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:03 pm
I just spent three hours messing around with it in 3ds Max and Substance Painter. I can't seem to fix it. I even went through the video again and redid the smoothing groups on all of it and redid the UVs. I did the texttools smoothing from UVs. I also renamed all of it multiple times on both low and high poly models to see if I can get it to work that way.
Hey there ! Sorry to read you are having some trouble with this :(
Well to upload images you can upload a screencap to another website (Puush, Imgur etc, even images you uploaded on Artstation when you want to showcase your work later on here on the forum),
copy the link, and use the image icon just above the textfield when writing a reply (landscape in a square shape, top row) and then paste the link :) That way you can show images here^^

To help you the most direct way, I'd suggest to upload your file to dropbox or something like that and send me a PM message with the link to that shared folder where you uploaded the file.
I will have a look at it, and see if I can find a fix for that :) Please upload a 3ds max file containing low & highpoly meshes, this file should be saved as 2016 version in case you use a newer version of 3ds max :)

If you need any assistance, let us know ^^ I try to respond when I can :thumbsup_dude:
MatNutter

Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:59 pm

I actually figured it out and forgot to put it on here. I forgot to make sure they were in the exact same coordinates. funny, you think for someone in the actual game industry and who has a degree in game design I wouldn't have trouble with that.