Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Trouble with grenade uvw

ChamferZone tutorials exclusive: In case your stuck, have questions or feedback.
Wolfer

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi I'm working on the spoon for the grenade and setting up the uvw but having it where when I relaxed one part, it did not come out straight. Here I took screenshot to help. So you can see how my map face isn't correct. or stretching some. What can I do to straighten it fix this. If more screenshots are needed let me know, not use to posting for this. Thank you.
Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (536.52 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (435.97 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Tim
Site Admin

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Hey Wolfer, yeah things like that will never relax perfectly straight. To be honest you could just leave it like that, it won't make a crazy difference but one thing I'd recommend is to use the "quick peel" button in the unwrap editor instead of relax. It gives better results.

Alternatively if you want to make sure everything is perfectly straight and aligned you can detach these parts here like that:

Then you take these individual uv islands and also quick peel them (which relaxes them in the best way possible). Then select the edges that are now a bit wobbly and align them on x or y to make them perfectly straight and then simply "stitch" them all back together as one UV island element. I hope that made sense.
Wolfer

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:22 pm

I'll keep that in mind and see about that. Also yeah I been watching and taking lots of notes with your video and following what you do so been doing exactly as you do to understand things so something just went off for me. still i will keep that in mind and i'm glad to know I can post here if I have any other questions.