Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Mech tutorial error

ChamferZone tutorials exclusive: In case your stuck, have questions or feedback.
Post Reply
Ramy
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:58 am

Hi, when I try and exporting my high poly mech in .obj, it says vertex coordinate too big adjust object-scale error, I've tried exporting it as fbx, bringing it back and exporting it as obj, scaling it down, resetting x form once again, still doesn't work, does anyone know a solution? Thank you!

https://gyazo.com/edfa6e04cf29050a505c4cc355e8fc0a
User avatar
Ezegal
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:37 pm
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:21 am

Interesting Error. Did you try to rescale it?))))
Export hi poly in FBX too, that's no real matter. But uncheck "turbosmooth" option in dialog window
Ramy
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:26 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Yes I scaled it up and down as much as possible, but does it really not matter to export is as fbx? Tim mentionned there would be problems?
User avatar
Laggtastic
Site Admin
Posts: 887
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:10 am
Has thanked: 1011 times
Been thanked: 709 times

Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Hmm I never experienced this error myself, so I had to Google a little and actually came across the same possible solutions which you already had given a try :thinking:
One thing that I don't know yet, but could be affecting this issue: What is your Units setup, does it match with the Units setup being used in the tutorial?

Other than that, all I can read on the internet is that you should scale it down and apply a reset xform on that, which could be risky when having some bad luck with the modifier stacks,
so before doing that allways make a backup file. :enlightened:

One thing to note though, I found someone who wrote that he had 4 objects attached together. Out of those 4 objects, there was 1 object/mesh that had some errors.
He mentioned that he modelled that part again and the problem was fixed. So...what you can try is to do some test-exports of a seperate object, or a few objects per export and see if that works or not.
Of course you want to export the whole model, but this way you can check if it has to do with the model overall OR perhaps 1 or more objects which are the troublemakers :enlightened:
Post Reply