Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :icon_partyparrot_top:

Odd baking on my AR15 sights

ChamferZone tutorial discussion. In case your stuck, have suggestions or just general feedback.
User avatar
Tim
Site Admin
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 pm
Has thanked: 902 times
Been thanked: 605 times

Fri May 12, 2017 1:02 am

Hey Cohen, hmmmm that is really frustrating.

For me it certainly worked after reset x forming the highpoly.

Here are the files zipped together as low and high. Really not sure why it won't work for you or where that problem originated from.
It certainly is a rare case unfortunately. :icon_no:

(LINK REMOVED)

User avatar
sayer6913
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:13 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Fri May 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Thanks Tim!

You can go ahead now & expire that link now that I downloaded my weapon. :)

Thanks again!

EDIT:

AWESOME!
I opened your lowpoly .fbx up and removed every thing but the sights and deleted the rest and did a save as. Then I went back into my project that would always glitched & I deleted the lowpoly sight and as I was deleting the high poly ones I moved one and it was separate from its wire frame... I was moving it's wire frame around but there was a ghost image of the geometry still in it's old place and I was not able to select it or move it. So I was like awesome!!! That must have been what was causing the bake problem!!! It was doing the same thing to the front sight as well! Then I selected another highpoly element and move it and it would not glitch like that so, boom! That confirmed that it was that. Why did it not glitch like that to me earlier when I was messing with it I have no clue lol. Maybe I just never selected it and moved it.

So I deleted the high poly sights with the low poly ones and after I did that the high poly sights were still their but were not select-able nor did not have a wire frame. So closed up Max reopened it, High Poly sights were gone so the ghost glitch was fixed! So I merged the save file of the iron sights into my project and gave them naming conventions and then duplicated them into my high poly folder named them added chamfer with turbo smooth on them did some smoothing group tweaking, put them back into Substance Painter, baked... And boom! Worked perfectly! :monkeydance:

THANK YOU TIM SO MUCH!!!!

I'm Very, Very, Very grateful of your help & assistance Tim.

Thank you! :) - Cohen

User avatar
Tim
Site Admin
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 pm
Has thanked: 902 times
Been thanked: 605 times

Sat May 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Awesome Cohen ! Glad it works and anytime ! :thumbsup_dude: Keep up the good work !

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest