Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Diana Bergholz - ChamferZone

Perfect for saying hello, sharing your portfolio and background.
dianab

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi fellow members,

I'm the web developer who maintains this forum and the ChamferZone website. I want to have a more active participation and would love to hear your suggestions on the further improvement of this forum. I've been a web developer focusing on the front end for 2 1/2 years and it would be great to hear from someone with server side programming skills who can have an active contribution to move us out of shared hosting. I think this will benefit the performance and speed of this forum.

My next project aside from the updates is to add nicer permalinks to the threads of this forum. It will make our threads more searchable and we want that. :icon_partyparrot_a:

Thanks for your contributions fellow members. I'm happy to be an active contributor to this group.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi Diana :) , usually I would say "Welcome to the Chamferzone Forum" to new users in this introduction section of the forum but...that doesn't apply this time :D
Instead let me say thanks a lot for your efforts to keep everything up and running in terms of technical maintenance :icon_partyparrot_e: :icon_thumbsfallout:

Unfortunately I don't have any programming knowledge so I'm affraid I can't offer assistance on that part, but in terms of forum feedback I will definitely keep my eyes open :)
There was one thing that I've seen popping up another day, suggested by user Mkrusko:

At the moment the "Thanks" button will load a seperate page after clicking it, and after that it will return to the topic.
Is it possible to click the "Thanks" button without temporary leaving the page, such as for example giving a like on FB, Artstation?
Original post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1302
siks
Site Admin
Location: Great United of Britania's Kingdom Long Live Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Hello Diana!

It's definitely a nice addition to be able to communicate with the dev behind this great place.

I definitely agree with both the thanking option that Maikel points out and better searchabilty as you mention, I've definitely fiddled around quite a bit trying to find some old threads. :hamster_dance:
Looking forward to the chamferzone future!
Make love, not war.
Except for in games... everybody loves war in games. And love, yep, that too.

ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/siks
CharlieOsa

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Hello Diana!
First of all thanks a lot for building a very cool looking forum :) I am especially impressed by the interactive header, I love to hover over the mouse on it :icon_partyparrot_e:
Even though, I have recently done a college assignment to create some sort of forum using java /JSP servlets it took me so so long and I barely got that working.. but I try my best to keep an open eye on some potential improvements. :victory:

So as you mentioned you are focusing on the front end, but do you also have full over its back end?
My Artstation

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories" - Sun Tzu
JEmerson

Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Hey Diana! Thanks for all your hard work (and understanding when Tim produces new videos). I would echo the sentiment that removing the extra page reload for a thank you would be desirable. I don't know how you would do this without incorporating some form of scripting though (which I did not see on the page when I checked it; doesn't mean it's not there as my design skills are pretty basic :thumbsup_dude: ).

Another thing you might consider is adding a resource section to the forum (or website, but I think it's better suited for the forum; I understand if Tim doesn't want it though as it could be quite a time sink) that is like a Wiki. The idea being to generate a useful, and up to date, resource section that covers 3DS Max specific things as it relates to game development. I know that I have put together quite a list of resources on my own for a large variety of topics ranging from general overviews to in-depth tutorials like foliage creation and rigging/skinning/animating for Unreal Engine 4. It would be great to have another online resource, particularly one catered to 3DS Max specifically and it's interactions with game engines.

Other than that I think you are doing a great job! :icon_partyparrot_e:

P.S. I just noticed I can add a vertex on the banner background and it auto connects to the surrounding verts. :icon_vince: :icon_vince:
dianab

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 am

Thank you for the warm welcome :icon_loveit:

I will be working on the thanks plugin this week and update you once its set up. The extra page load does suck.

Hope you are having a nice week. :thumbsup_dude:
Basajaun

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:35 am

Nice to have you around fixing things and improving the life quality on these forums :)
Sendoa Bergasa - 3D Artist
Artstation | Facebook | LinkedIn