Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Hello! (better late, than never)

Perfect for saying hello, sharing your portfolio and background.
CharlieOsa

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Hey guys,
I would like to introduce finally introduce myself, I am ashamed that after being on the forum for about 6 months now I have just found out that Introduction topic.

My name is Karol Osinski, I was born in Poland (25yo), although I moved over to Ireland with my family in 2008. Despite of the climate which is basically one raining season throughout the year with more or less 4 weeks of sun during the summer time ( :icon_smile_rofl: ) it is really great and friendly country to live in. It is hard to find friendlier people than Irish anywhere else in Europe.

What I am currently doing in my life is being 4th years student of Limerick Institute of Technology doing Multimedia Programming & Design course, although my main interest and biggest passion is obviously 3D Graphics. I am constantly trying to improve my skills in 3D, however it tough in my final year + I spend every weekend waitering in the restaurant.
I enjoy both modelling and rendering but I would also love to try out some composition for movies. Didn't really decide yet what I would like to do the most in my dream job.
My other interests are space, history and gym.

Main plan for the near future is to get my degree and move over to Italy (Milan) where my girlfriend lives and get proper job in the industry.

I am glad I have to managed to keep it short enough haha, thanks everyone for all the kindness in the posts and glad to be here! :icon_thumbsfallout:
My Artstation

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories" - Sun Tzu
siks
Site Admin
Location: Great United of Britania's Kingdom Long Live Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:00 am

Hey Karol!

Nice to have you here, it's interesting to see all the various backgrounds people come from and where they hope to go. I also found it really hard to decide what exactly in 3D I wanted to do, it was always games but I never knew exactly which part of it I'd be happy doing every day. It's a tough choice when everything is enjoyable and there's a welcoming community to help you do it. I think with enough experience you'll know what you like best and what you want to master your craft in.
I hope to see some good content from you, so good luck and don't give up!

:hamster_dance:
Make love, not war.
Except for in games... everybody loves war in games. And love, yep, that too.

ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/siks
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Hey Karol,

Welcome (even though you have been around for a while :D ) to the forum, good to have you around and the works you have shown to us so far are awesome,
looking forward to see what you come up with in the future ^^

Good luck finishing your studies, and I totally know what it is to have other tasks /job in life instead of being able to work on 3D projects, but...glad to see you still manage to find the time to do 3D stuff :icon_thumbsfallout: Eventually, one day will come to get into full-time 3D awesomeness :icon_partyparrot_e:

Good luck to get your degree, move to Italy to be with your girlfriend and get an awesome job there! :)
Tim
Site Admin

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Karol! I can only speak for myself but choosing the 3D field as a career was one of the best decisions I ever made :hamster_dance: Keep it up mate!