Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Tharit Banchanurat

Perfect for saying hello, sharing your portfolio and background.
zaparine

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 am

Hi everyone! Just realize I should post on this thread before making lots of comments in the forum. Is it too late? :D

My name is Tharit Banchanurat (My nickname is Map). I'm 20, live in Thailand (a small country in Southeast Asia which has Tom Yum Goong being its most popular food.)
You may find my nickname weird because Thai people tend to name their kids with an English word that doesn't suit to be a name. :icon_lol:
Also, please bear with me, my English isn't perfect but I'm still improving. :victory:

Anyway, I'm a 4th-year medical student who love to do 3D stuff during free time. My passion is to make the renders as photorealistic as possible, nothing's compromised, which is different from most of you who aim for creating the best looking game models. Still, I love modeling guns and complex models as much as you guys do.

The reason I'm studying medicine because a doctor is one of few high-paying secure careers in this developing country. Most people here have poor well-being so 3D artists aren't in their concerns. However, I'm not happy studying this at all. :icon_miffed: I keep thinking if only I could be a 3D artist someday, I would be much happier. Right? :icon_confused:
Last edited by zaparine on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
siks
Site Admin
Location: Great United of Britania's Kingdom Long Live Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Hey bud, awesome to see you here!
You really do a good job with those photorealistic renders! :3Dlove: It's definitely an advantage to live somewhere like America or central Europe, but you shouldn't really be at a disadvantage, after all companies are likely accept people from all over the world who are willing and capable.
Good luck with both your studies and 3D! :drinkingcheers:
Make love, not war.
Except for in games... everybody loves war in games. And love, yep, that too.

ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/siks
zaparine

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks a lot siks! :icon_sunny:
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Hey Tharit,

Welcome to Chamferzone Forum! :monkeydance: You got a nice showcase here to show your works and I gotta say: I love what I see here :thumbsup_dude: :ok:
I'm also into product visualisation besides of the game-art aspect, I really like the products being shown here (the gun looks fantastic, but also your other renders are stunning, that last high-tech one is super duper awesome by the way :3Dlove:

Well... perhaps you can combine 3D with your doctor-job one day. I mean...there is a lot of VR going one, also in the medical industry :)
For example...perfect for training people who get to work as doctors or people who work in hospitals, but eventually...3D can be used as visual instructions to inform people about some injuries ^^

Just thinking a little practical to combine the jobs, but...yea I would say never give up on the 3D side of life, you're creating fantastic things and I'd love to see more of that!
Enjoy ur stay here :thumbsup_dude: :icon_partyparrot_e:
zaparine

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:22 am

Thank you for your support, Maikel! :icon_sunny:
The_Time_Burner

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:27 am

Hey man! welcome to chamferzone. Like others said, you can combine them. 3D can be a self taught skill. I am studying ICT myself and I do 3D, but I aim to be a 3D artist.

As for your work, that light saber is rad!
zaparine

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:11 am

I aim to be a 3D artist too. It's a shame, as a medical student I have very little free time improving 3D skills. :icon_miffed:
Hope you can become a 3D artist someday! :victory:
Thank you about the lightsaber. :icon_uff:
Last edited by zaparine on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
Site Admin

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Hey Zaparine, thanks for the introduction. Thailand is a gorgeous country! Also doesn't matter if you are a medical student what matters if how passionate you about 3D and your work clearly speaks for plenty of that :)
Keep it up and happy to have you on board!
zaparine

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Thank you Tim. If it wasn't because of your tutorials, I wouldn't be able to pull such things off. So thank you again Tim! :thumbsup_dude:
BTW Have you ever come to Thailand?
Tim
Site Admin

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Yes, I was there for a 5 week vacation back in 2011. Toured a lot of places and made my Scuba Diving license in Ko Tao :monkeydance: Had an awesome time throughout!