Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Details not visible

Anything related to baking, texturing or sharing useful advice.
Pratik

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi i have modeled a rounded shield as seen in the screenshot.my problem is after baking details of highpoly are not visible on lowpoly.Ihave tried various frontal and rear distance starting from very low to very high even.I just don't know why the details are not baking.Thanks for help in advance.
LOWPOLY
HIGHPOLY
SUBSTANCE
BAKING DETAILS
Attachments
sub2.png
sub2.png (259.7 KiB) Viewed 472 times
sub1.png
sub1.png (203.09 KiB) Viewed 472 times
low.png
low.png (141.62 KiB) Viewed 472 times
high.png
high.png (139.74 KiB) Viewed 481 times
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:04 pm

Hey there :)

There are a few images which don't appear in your post, not sure if it's a broken link or something?

The screenshots that I see are the screenshots from Max & Substance Painter viewport & bake settings, but...not sure which details are missing as I see the bolts in Substance Painter as well :O
If you can show us which details are missing we would be happy to help :) :icon_thumbsfallout:
Pratik

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:30 pm

I don't why but whenever i post the image link is always broken.But anyways what i mean to say is lowpoly model even after baking looks exactly same lowpoly.There seams to be no difference in it.It dosent looks like a high poly model.If you look at the outter ring of the shield it seems very low quality as oppose to high after baking.Thanks for the reply
Pratik

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:31 pm

I will post more images soon.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:27 pm

Ah ok I see, well as you primarily mean the outer ring it seems that it could use some extra segments to add more roundness to the whole shape: The closer your poly matches the highpoly the better the bakes will be.
Ofcourse, the lowpoly should not get the same density and huge amount of segments, but large cylinder/spherical shapes might need quite some sides/edgeloops in order to support the highpoly enough to make the bake work good. :)

I can almost count the current segments and I think it's 32 sides? Perhaps try a 64 but it really depends on the scale of this object. Will it be quite a large object, than it could be worth the investment to add twice the amount of segments as the polycount doesn't suffer that much if you look at the performance of game engines these days... ^^
Gustavo dutra

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:42 am

Make sure your lowpoly is overlapping with your highpoly.