Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Substance Painter: Unable to bake Zbrush sculpts properly

Anything related to baking, texturing or sharing useful advice.
Melubnio

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi there,

I'm a very new 3ds Max user. I've started learning 3D just some weeks ago with the Chamber Zone YouTube tutorials so apologie my lack of knowledge.

I've done a pretty basic low poly object and the high poly was done by adding a turbosmooth, sculpting some test ornamental details within Zbrush and then reimport everything into 3ds Max with the same given name in order to properly bake in Substance. The problem is that, as I can see, it can bake everything except for the superficial sculpts done in Zbrush which is very akward.

Can someone please help me? I'm totally stuck here,
thanks.
Attachments
substance.PNG
substance.PNG (85.92 KiB) Viewed 260 times
sculpt.PNG
sculpt.PNG (406.05 KiB) Viewed 260 times
substance.PNG
substance.PNG (85.92 KiB) Viewed 261 times
low poly.PNG
low poly.PNG (48.67 KiB) Viewed 262 times
ranula_cgartist

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:10 am

Hello Melubnio,

Welcome to the forum !

We all start everything as beginners and we get used to them as we go along the process. :) Well I have questions about you process and please answer them so I can give answers to your issue.

1) Have you named you highpoly and lowpoly meshes correctly ? ( eg:- object_high, object_low )
2) Have you unwrapped the lowpoly model properly?
3) Have you used Textools to set up smoothing groups based on UV Shells at the end of unwrapping process?
4) Have you exported both highpoly and lowpoly as FBX format?
5) What are your Max frontal and lower values ? Use 0.01 - 0.03 range values. Don't go overboard with it. Here's a sample..
SP Sample.JPG
SP Sample.JPG (64.49 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Let us know your results.. :thumbsup_dude: