Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

RPG Baking issue

Anything related to baking, texturing or sharing useful advice.
joel

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:39 am

Hi everybody, I'm currently working on an RPG and I'm stuck in the baking, cause I can't figure out what' happening. All the parts of the same object bake fine except from the part I have circled in red. I attach also the image of the normal baked. Do you know what it could be caused by?Thanks, in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot (9)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (9)_LI.jpg (672.94 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Screenshot (10)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (10)_LI.jpg (636.92 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Hey there :)

Not quite sure, but could it be possible that your lowpoly & highpoly don't match up? Another possibility is that your faces are flipped on that part :notquitesure: :enlightened:
Also: Make sure you have no overlapping UV's, as this could also cause issues during the baking process.. :)

Let us know if you already checked & tried all this, if it didn't work out we will look further into it! :icon_thumbsfallout:

General notice: Considering the title of this topic, I moved it to the PBR Texturing area of the forum.
joel

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Hey thanks I have checked all the things you mentioned above, but still nothing :icon_tableflipper:
I attach the UV layout down here, if anyone has some advices :icon_ohnoez:
Attachments
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (12).png (222.58 KiB) Viewed 570 times
joel

Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:26 pm

I've just noticed that Painter gives me these 2 issues after trying to bake:
-[Scene 3D] [GenVertexNormals] : unable to compute normals because some triangles were too small in mesh Body_high
-[Scene 3D] [FBX] : Mesh normals are invalid (some values are null) and will be recomputed
What should I do? PLEASE HELP, I can't figure it out.
joel

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:00 am

Ok, I figured it out.. I'll post just so maybe someone will find thisone useful.
I tried to export it in obj, but it gave me some errors and after I tried to reset xForm on the mesh that was causing problem, I welded the verts with treshold of 0.01. Then exported and it bakes fine! :icon_partyparrot_e: