Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

chamfer and smoothing issue

Place for anything that has to do with 3D modeling or sculpting.
jamilahmmed

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 am

Hi all,
Need some suggestion about modeling technique.

so there is two place where i need to put the chamfer modifier . but the problem is, for the left part the chamfer amount is much more then it needs. for the right one, it's enough and have a good turbosmooth effect . in this case, what method could be used for it?
Attachments
Screenshot_104.jpg
Screenshot_104.jpg (125.27 KiB) Viewed 444 times
ranula_cgartist

Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello jamilahmmed,

I have noticed that you are using the Quad Chamfer modifier. Well, let's get the best out of it ! :enlightened:

Last year, a member of this forum (IqCube) posted a tutorial on how to use this amazing modifier to our needs, how to harden and soften edges as we want in an easy way. I thank him so much for the detailed description and making our life easier. I will attach the link to the topic. I have tried it and it works very well. :monkeydance: This is the solution for you. :)

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=957&p=6776&hilit=edge+weight#p6776
jamilahmmed

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:03 pm

ranula_cgartist wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:46 pm
Hello jamilahmmed,

I have noticed that you are using the Quad Chamfer modifier. Well, let's get the best out of it ! :enlightened:

Last year, a member of this forum (IqCube) posted a tutorial on how to use this amazing modifier to our needs, how to harden and soften edges as we want in an easy way. I thank him so much for the detailed description and making our life easier. I will attach the link to the topic. I have tried it and it works very well. :monkeydance: This is the solution for you. :)

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=957&p=6776&hilit=edge+weight#p6776
thanks ranula_cgartist !, that's an amazing technique. i will follow that. anyway, for gaining knowledge i want to ask one more question :P , is there any other method that i can use? (except the quad chamfer and adding more edge loops)
Ezegal

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:10 pm

thanks ranula_cgartist !, that's an amazing technique. i will follow that. anyway, for gaining knowledge i want to ask one more question :P , is there any other method that i can use? (except the quad chamfer and adding more edge loops)
[/quote]

I suppose no)))
One way - is not to use chamfer modifier at all, and solve all problems with extra loops and then torbosmooth or opensubdive
Second way is to use weight of edges (was described in kukri tutorial) and make them hard where you need, good combination with extra loops and opensubdive after
Third way - chamfer modifier and turbosmooth...., but it doesn't work in cases like yours.