Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Laggtastic's M.E.C.H.

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks a lot Tim! :thankyoublue:

I decided to give you guys a preview of the material I'd like to use for the metal, still got of work to do of course such as fixing some issues and adding more rust, dust, oil leaks, etc.
Another thing I want to find out is why the emissive glow is showing on areas where it couldn't reach, I know it's caused by the G.I. but gotta find out how to get rid of that^^

And I actually want to re-do the wear & tear, I aim to go for the same look as you see right now but I feel I used to many layers, gonna test if I can make it more efficient :thinking: :icon_partyparrot_e:

More progress to come of course, but this should give an idea of my plans^^

roycore

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Incredible result, Lagg :coolpartyparrot: Looks brutal and massive as it's supposed to be :icon_thumbsfallout:
Tim
Site Admin

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Wow.. very very stunning.:xtc_dance:

Awesome Maikel, love the materials/colors and the materials in general you picked for it. I think it's pretty much looking great as it is, now maybe a bit more oil leakage in some part and maybe carefully applied edgewear (not too much and not all over the place) to put the cherry on top of this beast. Might wanna look up Titanfall and/or Pacific Edge or any other great looking stuff out there to get some wear and tear inspiration. Maybe a few dents here and there would also be cool. Great job!! :coolcat:
carlos.war

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 pm

STUNING, what a peace of work i cannot follow the mech tutorial but im huge fan of robots and that you working on its incredible
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks a lot Artem, Tim and Carlos! :D

I will absolutely be adding more wear & tear such as oil leaks, rust, dust, and absolutely dents to make that metal come alive (and avoiding perfect flat surfaces) :icon_partyparrot_e:
Thanks a lot for those suggestions Tim, will definitely have a look at those mechs :enlightened:
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:20 am

Hey there everyone :)

Decided to give you an update of what's going on with my mech so..here we go ^^
Since the last update I've been tweaking the materials I had...and added more to it. Some extra wear, been playing around with various looks & feels.
This was all being applied to the body only (I had to split my model into 3 texturesets, for each textureset a seperate SP-file otherwise my system wouldn't handle it).

This evening I decided to give "green light" for the materials as they are right now, of course some extra tweaking will be done here and there. But I simply made Smart Materials in order to keep the different files consistent in terms of materials and everything involved for that :enlightened:

The arms (weapons) and legs are just quick previews, they need to be adjusted to match the wear some better and make the vents actually look like vents, details details... :)
If you have any feedback, feel free to let me know :thumbsup_dude:

chilldrakon

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:52 am

Hey Laggstastic :)

Awesome work man, are you going to add some particles to the mecha? it somehow reminds me of gundam wing mechas.
I hope to see more mechas.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 am

chilldrakon wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:52 am
Hey Laggstastic :)

Awesome work man, are you going to add some particles to the mecha? it somehow reminds me of gundam wing mechas.
I hope to see more mechas.
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it!:)
If you mean by particles: Some extra planes in the final rendering scene to enhance the visual quality and adding some dynamic feel to it: Yes, I certainly have that in mind :enlightened:

Allright so...uhm..the texturing stage is more or less done...I gotta move forward after all, so here is the (semi?) final look, including text, symbols..and some extra dust here and there to make it more dirty :) Oh..don't forget about slightly more irregularity of the metal surfaces :)

If you have any feedback I'd like to take it in consideration, then I see if I have enough time for it, so mostly it can be minor adjustments.
Keep in mind: This is WIP, no final renders :icon_partyparrot_e:

Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Hey everyone! :)

No screenshots in this new update...I got a teaser video for ya :icon_partyparrot_e:
The final render is still in progress, got some work to do for that scene :enlightened:

Music is composed by Marcin Kłosowski
Tim
Site Admin

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 am

Absolute jaw dropper this one Maikel! :3Dlove:

Perfectly done and full of well placed and thought out details which by the way never feel cluttered or noisy. I just noticed for the first time that you made a cockpit for it.. daaaamn.
Love the presentation and the video is really the cherry on top. Great choice of music too, sounds awesome and fits perfectly to the scene! Congrats man :)