Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Mauser 98K

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
Tim
Site Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Good points Kanni and.. uh oh.. did it do it to you too with the error posting in that thread? (since I see you made a double post) :icon_eek: I just don't know why but it appears to be corrupted for whatever reason.
Strange thing is I pinged McGavish and he doesn't experience it on his end.
Kanni
Site Admin

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Tim wrote:
Good points Kanni and.. uh oh.. did it do it to you too with the error posting in that thread? (since I see you made a double post) :icon_eek: I just don't know why but it appears to be corrupted for whatever reason.
Yeah first time didn't work, and it only worked when i quoted someone. Odd it's only on this thread.
ImageImageImage
McGavish

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Kanni wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 am
Love the Boolean Dynamesh workflow. The caveat with this method is not just the lp (in 3ds max, we thankfully have non-destructive modifier stacks, making it real easy to generate a nice lp to bake from and use in-game) but the fact that you're giving all of your edges across your model the same amount of edge thickness. In reality, some edges are much tighter than others. Some looser and thicker than others. It's what makes meshes visually interesting. You can solve this by playing with your scale of your model (polish/dynamesh is affected by worldspace size), or by tediously masking some edges, and giving others a different polish value.
Thanks! Yes, I know, it's one of the cons of this method, but combining it with smoothing and morphing maybe will give better quality. I will try and let you know.
Tim wrote:
I'm not sure but maybe adding this thread once again will help?
Tim
Site Admin

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:47 am

McGavish wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:26 pm
I'm not sure but maybe adding this thread once again will help?
Hmm... I would hate for all the comments getting lost. Lol, Kanni is from Toronto too and has this problem. Wonder if its a Canadian thing? A glitch in the matrix maybe..
We might try to install phpbb freshly see if that fixes it.. so for now I'd say we just roll with it :D

Update: interesting, so it seems to work now. I moved the thread to another section.. moved it back in here and now it works. Strange but.. at least its fixed! :)

Sorry for the off rail posts with that, look forward seeing your Mauser progress !
McGavish

Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since my last post here, but I'm back again :hamster_dance:
Due my studies and actual job at CD Projekt Red I didn't do much with this project but now it's a good time to finish it.

I've redone few parts of bolt in Fusion 360, because it gives really awesome quality and nice smoothness of bevels and fillets. I also added a scope (done in 80%), because without it, the whole body is rather boring.
Most of elements still wait for Zbrush's pass like edge wear, small number, signs etc. I will try to use scanned maps for wood details, but for now it's just an idea, hope it will work good :)

Few shots:

Cheers,
Piotr
Tim
Site Admin

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Oh man.. it looks SO good... Can't wait to see your final textured version of this. Also that ZBrush workflow is really amazing. I am currently learning ZBrush and also plan to implement it more and more for my highpoly workflow (where it makes sense). Good stuff McGavish and also you using Fusion is pretty amazing. You sure pack on plenty of new software skills with all that. :icon_thumbsfallout: :thumbsup:

Also.. I am still getting an error message whenever I reply here. Very odd... its one of the few only threads that does it. It leaves the comment but produces an odd error lol. No idea what that is.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Oh man....that indeed looks super smooth 'n awesomee!!! :3Dlove: :thumbsup_dude: :thumbsup_dude: :icon_partyparrot_e:
I've seen quite some Fusion360 awesomeness around such as here in your project..I guess whenever I create something new I should try the trial version some day for awesome bevelling results like that :enlightened:

Great update, looking forward to see what the next stage would look like :icon_thumbsfallout:
The_Time_Burner

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 am

You know, someone could actually die due to extensive exposure to awesomeness. Awesome work man!
:40K: :40K: :40K: :40K: :40K: :40K: :40K: