Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Mk2 grenade WiP

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
Rick93

Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Hello everyone,

A week ago I bought the ultime weapon guide and started working on the model but since I didnt have any experience I decided to make the grenade first.

This is my first model ever and it's not perfect maby even far from perfect but I still wanted to show it off. The texturing isnt done yet because I missed some of the generators from the tutorial but this is what I got so far. I will continue texturing tommorow.

Tim
Site Admin

Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:25 am

Hey Rick, good to have you on board here !

Certainly a good idea to make the grenade first, sort of as a warum up before jumping in on the AK.
What you got there looks really good and as far as the missing generators are concerned, check out this thread about it: :)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

That'll give you all you need to finish the grenade. You can also always try out some of the generators or smart masks on your own
(my free blade tutorial covers it if you want to see how to use the smart masks)

Keep it up, look forward seeing it finished!
Rick93

Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:32 pm

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the tutorial on the generators and the materials. I baked it again because some went wrong the first time and you where able to see pixels.

I almost finished the texturing of the grenade because I had limited time today. This is my progress so far!

Tim
Site Admin

Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Hey Rick, that looks awesome! You are right, after I made the post yesterday I also saw these little pixels, good thing they are gone now.
Certainly a great result on it. I would give it maybe a 10 percent boost of roughness on the main body (roughness up meaning making it less glossy)
I do like the glossy look but right now it looks a slight bit too much in my opinion. Good job!! AK next? :)