Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Tommygun for Hum3D Three D Guns Challenge 2

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Thu May 02, 2019 10:01 am

Hey everyone :) First of all: Since a little while I got access to the internet again after I moved, and...well, turned out to be it was a struggle here to get an internet connection :icon_tableflipper:

The good news: I got faster internet now compared to the old days :realization: That being said: I'm currently trying to catch up a little bit with all the posts that I missed since ~the end of 2018 until...today. Started out with the showcase, will check your WIP projects as soon as I finished the showcase :) :icon_thumbsfallout:

Recently I started a new project as well, after a long time, and it's for the Hum3D Three D Guns Challenge 2. Wanted to go for the Tommygun, it's been on my list for a while and had a good reason now to pick this one :) So here we go; The early "blockout" composition and the parts that I converted to highpoly mesh so far:
Nikolay Sych

Thu May 02, 2019 10:56 am

Wow, good luck with the project, however the once who win have much more kind of creative and surprising works which stand out from others imho. But Still youve done quite a lot of work :thumbsup_dude:
Guess its a nightmare when parts dont fit together)

Once I felt like joinig a car competition there, wanted to make smthng like in this graphics style, but gave up after my f1 car looked "wrongly"()
Result is the best motivation.
Mattias

Wed May 22, 2019 11:01 am

Nice job on that Thompson and that little scene looks good aswell. Good luck with the project. :thumbsup_dude:
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Fri May 24, 2019 9:14 pm

Thanks a lot guys :) Unfortunately I've been super occupied lately that I barely got to work on this thing again, so kinda falling behind schedule..pretty badly...
still managed to unwrap this guy, and applied some base materials onto it to get a very early lookdev of how it could look like at the end. Lighting setup & composition will be changed btw ;)

Currently working on the materials to define them as I want them to be, also some cover for the desk will be added in the form of a newspaper...^^