Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

M1911A1

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
Mattias

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:11 am

Hello everyone! I´m on my next project and this time It's going to be the M1911A1 which is something I wanted to do for a very long time
and I finally got time to do it and here is the high-poly.

Laggtastic
Site Admin

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Seems to be looking really good already, I see some very nice smooth edges, gotta love that highpoly look! :realization:
There was one tiny thing I noticed, and my apologies for this nitpicky thing but I guess it can be fixed easily by moving some verts:

On the front, there is that curved area. It feels like you added some extra curve to it while it is a hard corner on the reference that I found.
Not sure how many variations there are for this gun (haven't done a lot of browsing for refs) but in case I have the correct model here, it might be a point of interest to adjust :)

Keep up the good work :D
Billabong

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 am

Beautiful model Mattias, I do have one thought. Your edges seem very sharp, Im not sure the bake will read those to well. Other than that and what Lagg said, it is fantastic!

-B
Mattias

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Laggtastic wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:01 pm
Seems to be looking really good already, I see some very nice smooth edges, gotta love that highpoly look! :realization:
There was one tiny thing I noticed, and my apologies for this nitpicky thing but I guess it can be fixed easily by moving some verts:

On the front, there is that curved area. It feels like you added some extra curve to it while it is a hard corner on the reference that I found.
Not sure how many variations there are for this gun (haven't done a lot of browsing for refs) but in case I have the correct model here, it might be a point of interest to adjust :)

Keep up the good work :D
I have adjust that part so it's not that soft/smooth so thanks for the feedback
Mattias

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi-poly magazine

carlos.war

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 pm

hi pal as i can look you at least take this project from future to present and i really like that its incredible looking good (better than my :thumbsup_dude: :thumbsup_dude: :victory: :thinking: ) with maybe one thing or two but in general look awesome and i think maikel let you know in his feedback post so less things to say and im waiting with expectations for seeing the entire work finished. thumbs up pal :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Mattias wrote:
Hello everyone! I´m on my next project and this time It's going to be the M1911A1 which is something I wanted to do for a very long time

Mattias

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Billabong wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 am
Beautiful model Mattias, I do have one thought. Your edges seem very sharp, Im not sure the bake will read those to well. Other than that and what Lagg said, it is fantastic!

-B
Thanks, It may look like edges looks sharp, but I think i has to do with the way the image are taken that maybe makes them look like it sharp
carlos.war wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 pm
hi pal as i can look you at least take this project from future to present and i really like that its incredible looking good (better than my :thumbsup_dude: :thumbsup_dude: :victory: :thinking: ) with maybe one thing or two but in general look awesome and i think maikel let you know in his feedback post so less things to say and im waiting with expectations for seeing the entire work finished. thumbs up pal :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Mattias wrote:

Thanks, I like your 1911 too it has some interesting character to it or how you say it and when it comes to feedbacks I really appreciate the feedback you all are giving me so thanks too that.
carlos.war

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Mattias wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:01 pm
Thanks, It may look like edges looks sharp, but I think i has to do with the way the image are taken that maybe makes them look like it sharp
In terms of hard edges always remember that for bakes purpose you need to exagerate a bit the roundess on the edges for catch more light to them specially when you zoom out the object even you can see his detail so you need to define your work if is going to be for a bake or something like real life render or anyhing like that on that case you can have more ""sharp edges"" taking in consideration the render you will use ex. vray arnold redshift or other that all includes tools for round edges illusion :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

keep good work you are doing great!!!