Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Artstation Wild West Prop Challenge - Laggtastic

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
carlos.war

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:12 pm

it look awesome let me spent more time watching it to figure it out but in general is really really great :3Dlove: :3Dlove:
carlos.war wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:09 am
congrats for the interview no doubt you deserve it pal so big things happening to your pro life. :victory: :victory: :victory: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanksa lot Carlos, I appreciate it! :) It feels really good to have this job ahead well..gotta pass through the first test month but I will try my best of course! :icon_partyparrot_e:

New update

So I'm here to show the result of the BRG prop I'm doing for the Artstation challenge; More renders & stuff can be found on the submssion page just like before:
https://www.artstation.com/contests/wil ... post-89043

As a preview; Here's one of the renders :) The render is not the final submission by the way, feel like I want to play more with lighting and few tweaks in textures in case I have time left.
Feel free to share your feedback! :icon_thumbsfallout:
Billabong

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Jesus Lagg!. That looks awesome. The render itself almost resembles a painting. You are killing it man and good luck with the art test. If you pass it, you gotta let us know what company it is.

-B
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Thanks a lot Carlos & Brandon! :)
Billabong wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:06 pm
Jesus Lagg!. That looks awesome. The render itself almost resembles a painting. You are killing it man and good luck with the art test. If you pass it, you gotta let us know what company it is.

-B
These models are for the Artstation challenge (Wild West Prop), which is not related to my job actually :) But while I was working on this challenge I was applying for a job so had to put the challenge on-hold for about 3 weeks. The good thing is that I got the job, well..if I manage to pass the test-month that is haha. I can start working there by the end of July so I have some time to practice a bit more once this Artstation challenge is done :enlightened:

It's not a gamestudio, but it's definitely awesome in my opinion :) I will create highpoly 3D vehicle parts and well...I allways wanted to improve my highpoly & topology skills,
besides of that I'm a car guy who simply loves technical stuff and how all of that works :realization:

Meanwhile: I started my 3rd & last prop for the challenge; It will be an armour piercing rifle :icon_clappedi: (The barrel still has to be added and some more stuff^^)

Concept: Billy Machin
https://www.artstation.com/billymachin
carlos.war

Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:26 pm

on a simple sight looks good if you can show the reference will be better but you got the main form perfect i think
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Thank you Carlos :)

Here's a link to the concept art; It's a collection which the concept artist made for the 2D stage of the challenge, you should find the armour piercing breach loader concept there :)
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/loNv5
Mattias

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Nice job, It looks awesome. I think I'm also is going to do something wild western one day
Billabong

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Congrats on passing the art test man! Hey as long as you love what your doing that's all that matters. I on the other am not doing what i love at the moment even though I'm in the 3D industry,lol.

-B
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:32 am

Billabong wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:20 pm
Congrats on passing the art test man! Hey as long as you love what your doing that's all that matters. I on the other am not doing what i love at the moment even though I'm in the 3D industry,lol.

-B
Thanks man! :) Yes I absolutely agree on that, that's why I applied for the job as I felt like "This really fits to my interests, people I met so far seem to be awesome & I'm convinced I will learn & improve my skills there". So I didn't even hesitate for a second really ^^ I hope you find your place as well Brandon, I mean...before you realize, you could run into a job that you love more than the job you have right now :enlightened:

Meanwhile, the Wild West challenge is over, and here's the result of the final prop. This is the main render that I made for the final prop, but I don't really consider it as final (I was running out of time).
This will be my last update (in terms of images) for this topic, the final results will be posted in the Showcase area when I finetuned all of that :)

I will do these tweaks on my pc at home, as I don't trust the screen of this laptop, everything feels superbright or something....So you can expect these next week or something like that :enlightened:

Concept design by: Billy Machin
https://www.artstation.com/billymachin
Billabong

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Looks fantastic Lagg! I cant wait to see the final.

Yeah maybe one day I will find that one job I love. In all honesty I just wanna be a freelance hardsurface modeler, but we will see.

-B