Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Y-Wing

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
Emspcz

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Here my model that I' working on now. It's a 'lowpoly' / blockaout model and today I starting a highpoly part (and mentally preparing for unwraping... :icon_uff: )

Hope you like it, it's my the biggest project so far and I happy that I made a significant progress hope I finish it someday. I also planning to post some progress from time here so if you intresting in this subject - welcome :)

Tim, could I use you awesome droid from the latest tutorial and place it in the astromech droid cell for the final shots ? Thanks in advance !

zaparine

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:05 am

That huge amount of details, absolutely mind-blowing! :icon_vince:
Did you spend a month or two doing this?
Bruno743

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:50 am

Crazy ! Same question than Zaparine, how much does it take a model like this ?
Hope to see more progress soon !
Emspcz

Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Thank you guys!
zaparine wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:05 am
That huge amount of details, absolutely mind-blowing! :icon_vince:
Did you spend a month or two doing this?
Yes, most of the time I spent looking for references of Y-wing at the crazy angles to catch as macth details as possible.

Meanwhile, I start working on a highpoly model

Gazu

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:46 am

I love the Y-Wing.
As a kid i liked it even more then the X-Wing :D

But for me it was always to hard to model one because of all the small details which are totaly visible.

Good work so far! :icon_vince:
Emspcz

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Highpoly is done, now moving to optimization the low poly

Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:24 am

Holy moly smokes :icon_eek: That is looking absolutely satisfying to watch :realization: :3Dlove:
Insane amount of details and man that looks really stunning, can't say that much more than that! This makes me speechless, gotta love some cool spaceships :icon_partyparrot_e:

In terms of unwrapping; I see quite a bit of symmetry so I guess that will reduce the amount of work.
If you have details which have the same shapes you just have to unwrap it once and copy & replace the others with that ^^
Anyway, keep up the awesome work!
Emspcz

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Small ( :icon_trustissue: ) update

Struggle to find time to work on that model, but slowly doing uv now. Decided to post a few shots of HP on station

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Q11K8
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Small update containing big stuff :thumbsup_dude: Gotta love those highpoly renders! :) That model is absolutely looking superb to my opinion, I really love what I see here! :3Dlove:
I haven't used Keyshot to be honest (well....I tried it but never in-depth) so in terms of advice for Keyshot I can't really come up with something.

Feedback: Judging on my screen here I feel that a few details could pop out a bit more by adding some extra lightsources.
The background kinda "blends" a bit with the model in the shadow areas, which could be done on purpose depending on the kind of result you like :)

From a personal opinion: I prefer to lit up the whole model / focal points so (almost) all forms read well, with exception of teaser-renders or some close-up shots.
I believe Keyshot has the ability to add various types of lightsources, so if you like you can play around with that^^