Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Sten MK2

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
Mattias

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:42 am

Hi all!, I have been working on this Sten Mk2 and this is the high-poly of Sten MK2

Billabong

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:14 am

I had to looks this gun up, Surely it couldn't be that basic, and yep I was wrong. It looks great man, some of your edges may be a little to sharp, but other than that , great job!

-B
Mattias

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Billabong wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:14 am
I had to looks this gun up, Surely it couldn't be that basic, and yep I was wrong. It looks great man, some of your edges may be a little to sharp, but other than that , great job!

-B
Thanks, I'm going to go through everything and make sure some of these edges are softer, but thanks again for the feedback.
Gazu

Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:50 am

Ah, looks so clean the highpoly :icon_clap: :3Dlove:
But in my opinion 15% to hard edged, but anyways very good work so far.

The only thing i would change would be to make the edges a bit more soft on some spots. Thats all :)
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:07 am

Highpoly awesomeness :3Dlove: :realization: That Sten is really awesome, there is something about it that just feels like eyecandy !
I agree with the feedback above but nothing else to add to it...so keep going, I'd love to see how this one will turn out :icon_thumbsfallout:
Mattias

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi guys, here is a small update and I think the project is finished now.

Laggtastic
Site Admin

Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:51 am

Oh man, that turned out really awesome! :3Dlove:
You certainly did a fantastic job on this Sten MK2, love the result for sure! :thumbsup_dude:

If I may give a bit of feedback, there is something you could try to play with in your free time on this project or the next one:
To add some extra interest, you could add an additional layer of edgewear, but in this case soft & subtle edgewear. A great example I could give is the Substance Days video with Ethan Hiley.
Check out this video, the particular part I talk about starts from ~ 1:44:10 where you see the receiver with those soft edgewear, but: I would recommend checking the whole video :enlightened:

Hope this stuff helps, but let me emphasize that you absolutely made a wonderfull MK2 :thumbsup_dude:
Mattias

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 am

Laggtastic wrote:
You certainly did a fantastic job on this Sten MK2, love the result for sure! :thumbsup_dude:

If I may give a bit of feedback, there is something you could try to play with in your free time on this project or the next one:
To add some extra interest, you could add an additional layer of edgewear, but in this case soft & subtle edgewear. A great example I could give is the Substance Days video with Ethan Hiley.
Check out this video, the particular part I talk about starts from ~ 1:44:10 where you see the receiver with those soft edgewear, but: I would recommend checking the whole video :enlightened:

Hope this stuff helps, but let me emphasize that you absolutely made a wonderfull MK2 :thumbsup_dude:

Thanks for the feedback, I may go back to the Sten MK2 one day, but for now my focus is on the next one, I will also use your feedback on the next one and change the light a little bit so you can see it better.
carlos.war

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:10 am

great feedback maikel and yes im agree with you this gun look so clean that is feels like i dont know how to say it but in a good way you sir have a nice model and i want to see texture on it to brake the smoothnes a bit and put some history on it because this kind of old weapons always have a history behind and is our choice to tell it.
nice job
Laggtastic wrote: