Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Weapons by har2yu

Open a thread on whatever you are working on and receive feedback. Feel free to create one master thread.
har2yu

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:47 am

Hello guys!

I started working on a Rhino 60DS. Now i finished HP and made this post for feedback.
Made block mech in Blender and polished model in Zbrush (fixed chamfer some details and add stamp).
I will be happy with the comments and advice.

► Show Spoiler

Thank
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 pm

That is looking awesome :realization: You absolutely did a great job so far already and I look forward to see the textured version later on the process as well :icon_thumbsfallout:
As you ask for feedback I did some research for this gun (actually found out that this model revolver is used by Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad :icon_partyparrot_e: ), and found a little thing you might wanna have a look at. It's really nitpicky but..I hope it makes sense :icon_redface:

The wooden grip, the upper surface of it seems to be more rounded on the bottom side. Here's a little paintover with references I found.
It's just a subtle thing, but depending on the level of accuracy, it might be worth checking out^^
siks
Site Admin
Location: Great United of Britania's Kingdom Long Live Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Welcome!

Definitely, any kind of critique would mostly be nitpicking and would need eye to eye comparisons of the real thing. The highpoly looks nice and smooth and the details are looking complex. :hamster_dance:
Make love, not war.
Except for in games... everybody loves war in games. And love, yep, that too.

ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/siks
hi-man

Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Wow! I am modeling that gun right now! But mine version is from a bit more futuristic concept ;) May be i should start a WIP topic too... :thinking:
har2yu

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:15 am

Hi guys!

Laggtastic Thank for your feedback, I fixed this and fixed all shape handle :thumbsup: . You right, this gun is used by Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad. Some time ago i modeled Harley Quinn's version for 3d print for Cosplay, now I remake this for game)
► Show Spoiler

siks Thx for your comment)

hi-man I would be interested to see your futuristic concept)

Update:
- i fixed handle
- made lp and bake
► Show Spoiler
- finished HP new gun on the concept of Kris Thaler
(back was changed from bad shaiding)
► Show Spoiler
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Oh that looks just...super tasty man :realization: :3Dlove:
That 3D printing is a cool option these days, I absolutely want to try printing something, some day... :icon_clappedi:

That new gun of yours is already looking awesome, Kris certainly has some badass concepts :icon_partyparrot_e:
hi-man

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:03 pm

har2yu wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:15 am
I would be interested to see your futuristic concept)
You can do it here :)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1501
har2yu

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Hello gues!

Sometimes ago i participated challenge in Arstation with theme Wild West. I done 3 weapons: tobacco box, shotgun, sniper gun.

Place for likes click
Laggtastic
Site Admin

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Yea I've seen this one passing by indeed, you absolutely did a wonderfull job on those assets! :3Dlove:
I really admire those ornamental details, they turned out really awesome!

But of course, I love the assets in overall just as much, when browsing the concepts to choose I also had the Party Starter & the sniper in mind, glad to see you actually created them in 3D!
Fantastic work ! :thumbsup_dude:
har2yu

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Hello, modeled new-old gun :thinking: :D