Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Animating Tim's Weapon !

Whatever doesn't fit in the above categories. Extra points for keeping it SFW and politics free.
Maxime Dupart

Mon May 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Tim wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 8:58 pm
That is looking much much better :) :victory: Not sure what's going on at the magazine of the MP5, something I don't have showing like that on my end (that zig zag shadow). Might just be the way you rotated it though and the way the light hits it. Not a big deal and looks like you set it up correctly now. :icon_bow: :ok:
I'm playing around with some experimental feature of UE 4.16 , no big deal :p
siks
Site Admin
Location: Great United of Britania's Kingdom Long Live Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:37 am

Hey! Forgive me if I'm wrong in your case but shouldn't your roughness/metallic map have sRGB disabled? When a texture uses RGB channels all separately as masks/individual maps it should be disabled.

EDIT: Nevermind! I saw masks compression takes care of this!
Make love, not war.
Except for in games... everybody loves war in games. And love, yep, that too.

ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/siks
Maxime Dupart

Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm having so much fun playing around with the UMP with Navtech scope on it. Testing destruction replication etc... :3Dlove:
Tim
Site Admin

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:31 am

Sounds great! Look forward seeing more work in progress videos of your project as you go! :icon_sunny:
Maxime Dupart

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 am

Tim wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:31 am
Sounds great! Look forward seeing more work in progress videos of your project as you go! :icon_sunny:

I'm working on some networking improvement right now, after figuring out that players with average/bad connection would have a terrible experience as it was.
Lots of change happening on every replicated events :icon_coffee:

Some tests i was making before diving into networking:

The update i'm making right now with which i'm almost done (only need to hook the sprint animations) is gonna be an incredible step forward. Hope i can wrap this up today.
siks
Site Admin
Location: Great United of Britania's Kingdom Long Live Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Damn! That looks great!
Make love, not war.
Except for in games... everybody loves war in games. And love, yep, that too.

ArtStation - https://www.artstation.com/artist/siks
Tim
Site Admin

Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:00 am

Very nice! So is destruction going to be a huge component of your game?
Maxime Dupart

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:28 am

Tim wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:00 am
Very nice! So is destruction going to be a huge component of your game?
I would like it to be. It's an easy way to increase maps replay value.
The core gameplay is quite similar to R6S, you play a unique character with a rather tactical locomotion system (true first person, and overall slower/more realistic than 'hero shooters').
It's 5vs5 round based but i'm considering giving a respawn mechanic. A bit inspired by Overwatch round-based gamemode.

I would love to go 6vs6 but i don't have enough quality characters to go for it right now.

I'm a Battlefield player to the bones, and can't stand to remain dead more than 10sec. :icon_lol:

The setup is also Cyberpunk, so i got a couple cool cyborgs/robots, some of them with jetpacks. So it's gonna be more outdoor fights to make the jetpacks fully relevant.
Map layout is also more vertical of course.

Favorite FPS of my life is Medal of honor: Allied assault, so it sure gonna shows somehow too.
Maxime Dupart

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 am

Quick update: lots of progress on several features.

As i had my Steam AppID i was able to work on steam integration heavily, which delayed full Tim's arsenal integration to the game.

Which brings me to: Is there any weapon skins available? ^^...

I don't want to lose all the smallest details that made this texturing so good :/ Yet, i'm gonna need weapon skins for my game, would be great if i can avoid starting from scratch :icon_lol:
Tim
Site Admin

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Hey Maxime, good to hear on your progress !

Unfortunately there are no alternate skin versions for any of the guns there. The only ones are the Colt 1911 and the M9A1 which come in a painted black and chrome version each.
Other then that it would have blown the scope into dimensions that would have been way too big. Sorry about that !