Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

Another Relocation question

Whatever doesn't fit in the above categories. Extra points for keeping it SFW and politics free.
Kanoba

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:21 am

Another weird question but im curious, So say best case scenario I get offered a job in another country what part of the relocation or how much will I have to fund my self? obviously i should have some money saved but whats a rough amount that would be smart?

cheers!
SunBro

Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Depends on country man. And your social status - if you have a wife and children, for example, the actual costs will be higher than when you're young artist who can work all day long living in a hostel or with roommates.
Many big company offers you relocation bonus and even can rent you flat for 1-2 month or have corporate flats for peoples form other countries.

Long story short - if you get the offer form a particular company - this company don't leave you in trouble :)
Tim
Site Admin

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:42 am

Hi Kanoba, well when I came here to Canada I had barely any dollars or savings in my pocket. The company that hires you will take care of everything. (unless it's a sketchy place but in that case you would be advised to look for a better one) That means they will put you in contact with a relocation agent and the moment they fly you in, they have this person waiting for you to help you with all the stuff such as .. drivers license conversion, getting your Social Security Number and all that stuff that needs to be done. They'll also put you in a hotel for a certain period of time, usually enough for you to find an apartment in the meantime.

So.. yeah there's nothing to be worried about. Of course it's recommended to have a few hundred dollars ready for your first week or two before you get your first paycheck.