Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :parrotsailor: All tutorials available at https://chamferzone.com/

GhostRecon:Whildlands

For when we not model and texture. Anything related to gaming and the games industry.
Maxime Dupart

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Just got my Beta invite, awesome ! :icon_partyparrot_e:

Meanwhile i'm spending days and nights trying to turn my game characters into 1st person killing machins. :icon_yes:
Tim
Site Admin

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:41 pm

Well nice Sir ! Happy hunting :icon_sunny:

I am still busy playing Rainbow Six Siege but Wildlands sure does look very interesting.. loved the original Ghost Recon games very much :thumbup:
Maxime Dupart

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:36 pm

To be honest i barely can find any free time to play anyway, but i'll gladly join the beta and test the hell out of it ^^.

Rainbow six Siege is trully awesome, probably the only game i play right now. Jumping in for a couple round from time to time.
The thing is, i bought the 15$ package deal when it came out 6months or so ago, and i can't manage to get enough points to unlock Operators :icon_eek: .
I've Mute, the guy with a fat hammer that can break walls, the lady who can put cameras everywhere, another sweet lady who can shot explosive devices from a distance (some kind of sticky grenade launcher), and a big dude with an heavy shield.
Maxime Dupart

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:23 pm

I have one invite left, are you still looking for one?
The game has a lot of potential, but the menus are way too complicated, it should be seamless to transition from a mission to another, it's far from being the case.
The character animations and models should be a bit better too. It feels like The Division had better character animations and details.
There's a lot of room for fun, it gots some modern-Far Cry/GTA-Online spirit.

Tim
Site Admin

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:52 pm

Thanks for the screenshots. Unfortunatly since I don't work for Ubisoft anymore my... get every Ubi game for free term expired :pepe:
..otherwise I would have already checked it out as well. Given the little time I have for playing games I think I ll just stick to Rainbow 'for now".
Certainly want to check it out at some other time though!
Maxime Dupart

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:09 am

Tim wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:52 pm
Thanks for the screenshots. Unfortunatly since I don't work for Ubisoft anymore my... get every Ubi game for free term expired :pepe:
..otherwise I would have already checked it out as well. Given the little time I have for playing games I think I ll just stick to Rainbow 'for now".
Certainly want to check it out at some other time though!
I probably won't buy the game anyway. I actually completely forgot i applied for this beta. Played 3hours, did the 6 missions from the beta and i 'already' started to feel a bit bored by the slow pace between action phases, the lack of clear transition between missions and clearly defined objectives.
All around it's fun and arcady, i prefer game where there's room for a bit of competitive spirit ^^
Tim
Site Admin

Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:45 am

Mehhh yeah for me personally I am all PvP guy. I need the thrill of knowing I compete with a real human being on the other end of the line :typing:
Frostie

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:46 am

Played the Beta yesterday my mates and me love this game so much. We are really surprised that its so good.
German ArmA Community member. https://www.artstation.com/artist/frostie
LauriTolppa

Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:49 pm

I thought overall it was a alright experience. Not exactly the kind I hoped for though. All the graphics sure look nice. Shooting and weapons are done well. Creating own character is quite fun.

But I find vehicles handling pretty poor. Specially the helicopter is really confusing. Graphics didn't seem that optimized. I tried to play in 1080p with medium settings and it does sometimes drop below 60fps. Which is annoying because my native resolution is 1440p.

EDIT: Disabling V-sync did improve it so that it's smoother.