Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :icon_partyparrot_top:

Alexandre Marbaix - Hurock

Just added and perfect for saying hello as well as sharing your portfolio and background with us.
Hurock

Fri May 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey guys!
I'm Alex, a 3D artist, I thought I'd post a presentation around here as well :)
I've played games all my life (video, board, role playing, etc) so figured gaming was the way to go!

I studied video games in Belgium (my homecountry) for a few years, then landed an internship in a US game related company for as long as I could get a visa :)
After gradutation we created an indie game with a few friends (it was never released though) that taught us plenty about the game industry, and got us to xp quite a lot.
Thanks to Tim's tutz and advices I got tons of tips and tricks, that eventualy got me into AAA!
Right now I'm working at Ivory Tower (Ubisoft Lyon) in France, as a 3D artist on a project I unfortunately can't talk about.
In 3d art I LOVE hard surface, guns, cars, you name it, I still have a lot to learn and I'm trying to spend as much time as I can getting better at it and testing different workflows :)

I have a ton of projects in the works, and I hope that I'll get to post some more of them around here (had waaay to much time between my last posts).
Just want to add that this place is full of insanely talented people and I hope that after a while my stuff will as good as some of y'all! :)

Cheers!
Attachments
alexandre-marbaix-newscreen5.jpg
alexandre-marbaix-newscreen5.jpg (97.42 KiB) Viewed 80 times
alexandre-marbaix-glock-screen2.jpg
alexandre-marbaix-glock-screen2.jpg (297.3 KiB) Viewed 80 times
alexandre-marbaix-scene-screenshot2.jpg
alexandre-marbaix-scene-screenshot2.jpg (638.31 KiB) Viewed 80 times

Tim
Site Admin

Sat May 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Hey Alex, your whole recent story/career progression was super impressive to follow! It's these kinds of things that really make it worthwhile for me to produce the tutorials, knowing they can have a part in this. You did the right things with your portfolio. Especially adding an environment scene to it which the recruiters are always happy to see.
It shows that good work pays out ! It always does, everyone that has the ambition combined with skills can land a job in the industry whether it starts with maybe a smaller sized company (mobile games) or like you with a triple A company for a starter. :thumbsup_dude:

I am glad you like the forum and I also think it's awesome to see a community here that has the special love out for hardsurface modeling. :monkeydance: :icon_clap:

Keep on doing the good work and glad to have you on board here !

Laggtastic

Mon May 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Welcome on the forum Alex! Very cool background story and fantastic you landed into the AAA-studio Ivory Tower, a dream coming true! :thumbsup_dude: Fantastic works as well, I love the environment as well besides of the Hardsurface works! :D :D

• Information