Join us on Discord at https://discord.gg/CeUpmbC :icon_partyparrot_top:

PM-M1910

Let's see whatever your working on! Receive feedback and share your progress.
User avatar
Tim
Site Admin
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 pm
Has thanked: 754 times
Been thanked: 488 times

Tue May 16, 2017 12:41 am

Looks spot on Kanni ! :thumbsup_dude: Great hard surface project!

User avatar
Kanni
Site Admin
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Wed May 17, 2017 2:26 am

Tim wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 12:41 am
Looks spot on Kanni ! :thumbsup_dude: Great hard surface project!
Thanks :thumbsup_dude:

Here's some bakes:
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tim
Site Admin
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 pm
Has thanked: 754 times
Been thanked: 488 times

Wed May 17, 2017 2:43 am

Came out great ! :victory: Now for some sweet sweet textures :monkeydance:

What do you aim for, heavy wear and tear look?

User avatar
Kanni
Site Admin
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Wed May 17, 2017 3:14 am

Tim wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 2:43 am
Came out great ! :victory: Now for some sweet sweet textures :monkeydance:

What do you aim for, heavy wear and tear look?
It'd only make sense, since it's going to be an original - so just over 100 years old :D
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Laggtastic
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:10 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 am

Sweet geeez, that's looking totally awesome! Lovin' the details you brought into this, the clean look with all the nice 'n smooth elements and that bake seriously looks awesome :thumbsup_dude:
Impressive, I'm bouncing on this chair right now :goodpost:

Looking forward for the textured part :D

User avatar
Kanni
Site Admin
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Fri May 19, 2017 5:40 am

Texturing nearing done. Just gotta do the shield thing and some refining :thumbsup_dude:

Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Tim
Site Admin
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 pm
Has thanked: 754 times
Been thanked: 488 times

Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Looking pretty nice but I am certainly missing some metal edge wear on that. I would try with the silver armor smart material.
Simply drag that on top of your base colors.. apply a black mask to it and then add the metal edge wear generator to it. You could even add the mask builder on top of that and put it in screen mode.

Check out these ones here, Metal edge wear all around :) Just make sure it doesn't look to generic.
Image

More metal edge wear on that one, the rust might also be a nice detail to add:
Image

Also .. the wood looks a bit to bumpy for my taste. I would aim for a less deep profile (less height information) and give it more of a polished look. Aside from that looking cool!
The renders you post are very dark though, would be nice seeing it better lit :thinking:

User avatar
Kanni
Site Admin
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Tim wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm
Looking pretty nice but I am certainly missing some metal edge wear on that. I would try with the silver armor smart material.
Simply drag that on top of your base colors.. apply a black mask to it and then add the metal edge wear generator to it. You could even add the mask builder on top of that and put it in screen mode.

Check out these ones here, Metal edge wear all around :) Just make sure it doesn't look to generic.
Image

More metal edge wear on that one, the rust might also be a nice detail to add:
Image

Also .. the wood looks a bit to bumpy for my taste. I would aim for a less deep profile (less height information) and give it more of a polished look. Aside from that looking cool!
The renders you post are very dark though, would be nice seeing it better lit :thinking:
Definitely! not even close to done with texturing yet hehe :thumbsup:

But yeah, some edge wear, and bit more grime should do the trick.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
two_larsens
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:54 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Sat May 20, 2017 12:12 am

That's a great item to make. It has a lot of different looks to it - challenges. Good job. It's very nice!

User avatar
Kanni
Site Admin
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Sat May 20, 2017 1:23 am

Alls left is to touch the shield up a bit, and add some number stamping :)
Image
Image
Image
Image
ImageImageImage

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests